Thank you to our guest blogger, Elizabeth Wright!
- Always be approachable and caring while networking.
- Ask appropriate questions when you meet someone or in a networking meeting.
- Acknowledge referrals with a “Thank you” and follow-up on them.
- Be professional and sincere in all business situations.
- Be willing to give referrals before you receive them.
- Be dressed appropriately and ready for events. Do you know the dress code for the event? Will it be inside or outside? Do you have plenty of company literature with you?
- Consult with your clients to support their success. See what their needs are. Surveys can be helpful with this.
- Communicate with attendees at business after hours. Have a few questions ready such as “What do you love about your job?” “How did you get into your field?” or “Where did you grow up?”
- Cameras are everywhere so clean-up your social networks. Remove any images of wild partying, skimpy attire or fowl language. Companies are using these networks to pre-screen vendors, consultants and job candidates.