Thank you to our guest blogger, Elizabeth Wright!
Are you planning on going to a trade show for the first time or just looking raise your game? Consider the following tips from a pro networker:
- Ask event organizer what signage, tables, chairs, electricity and table dressings are provided. Find out where to load in and park.
- Be comfortable with directions to event and calculate traffic in your schedule. Don’t totally depend on your navigation system.
- Invite local customers and guests! If you are the only one working your booth, invite a team member/friend to stop by and give you a break.
- Wear comfortable shoes or bring them.
- Have candy at your booth, preferably chocolate, if environment permits. (2nd choice peppermints)
- If foot traffic slows, network with other vendors. I know independent reps that have gotten bookings and new team members from this activity.
- Bring some cash, water and a healthy snack. Make sure you phone is charged.
- Have a drawing for a gift certificate or door prize at your booth. This way you get attendees names. Enter others drawings too. After the event: Follow up with all contacts! Have a wonderful show!
Have a question or trade show tip of your own? We would love to hear from you in the comments!